1.28.2012

Beating Strong

Dahlia is out of surgery and her new heart is beating strong!  It is amazing to think that she has a new heart inside of her.  She has some swelling and her chest will be left open until the swelling goes down.  Other than that so far so good.  So thankful to the little angel who gave her a new heart, and to all the doctors who preformed the surgery.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Congratulations Ochoa family! What incredible news!! We will be praying for her quick and smooth recovery and also for peace to the family who lost their little one. I told my kids about Dahlia and they all were just so excited for you and praised the family who lost the child for donating the heart. Incredible.

Unknown said...

Hi Emily,
I found your blog through a link you had posted to my blog about my baby girl Addison, who had a heart transplant 8 months ago when she wasn't even 4 weeks old. We are thinking about you and sending lots of love and positive thoughts to Dahlia for a quick recovery.
The post-transplant road may not always be smooth, but it will take you to amazing places you would have never been able to experience before. Dahlia is such a little fighter! I smile to think what these amazing little babies will accomplish when they grow up.
And thank you so much to families who have the strength to say yes to organ donation in their darkest hours. It is such an amazing gift...one that we truly cherish every single day.
Take care,
Elaine
Vancouver, Canada
addisonmcarthur.wordpress.com

Courtney said...

So amazing! and we are so happy for you guys. We love you all!!

cmhayden said...

Emily and family - I just found your blog, but have been following the news of your little Dahlia. I have been praying for her healthy recovery and for your family in these very trying times. It's been a very long time since I've seen you and you have a beautiful family. She and all of you will continue to be in my prayers. Love, Claretta Hayden

sylvia said...

Happy, happy news! Dahlia will continue to be in our prayers.