1.28.2012

we got the call!

Last night my sister Jessica and Walter stayed with Dahlia so that Brian and I could go back home and take care of some things. That night I put the cell phone right next to me in case Jessica needed to get a hold of us. Bright and early the next morning phone rang around 8:00.  I saw it was the hospital calling and thought, "oh no, what has happened now!".  It didn't even dawn on me that this could be THE CALL. When the doctor told me that they had a potential heart for Dahlia, it was best phone call I have ever received!   A team of doctors would be flying out to examine the heart and bring it back.   I called Jessica and no one had told them yet what was going on because they were not the parents.  However she figured it was something big because there was lots of activity going on in Dahlia's room.  We rushed to get ready and dropped the kids off at Brian's parents house, then we drove to Houston in record time! When we got to the room Dahlia was peacefully sleeping, despite all the activity.  A doctor explained what would happening, and after a brief waited we wheeled Dahlia in her crib, to the surgery area and gave her a big kiss before they took her back.  I didn't think this day would ever come, words can not describe how grateful we are to the donor family who are experiencing a horrible loss, while we are experiencing great joy.  Dahlia is now in surgery and we are praying all goes well.

No comments: