8.25.2008

first day of school

Today started off crazy! Right before my alarm went off, I started having really painful Braxton-Hicks contractions. I couldn't even get out of bed except to go throw up. Brian is an awesome dad and was able to single handed cook Dario a pancake breakfast complete with bacon and eggs, pack Dario's lunch, get Dario dressed and drop him off at school. I was disappointed that I missed all this and couldn't help. Brian said Dario was excited in the car on the way to school and while Brian was with him at school, but as soon as Brian started to leave Dario started getting sad. When Dario came home I asked him how school was and he said recess wasn't fun because none of the kids would take turns on the playground equipment and all he got to do was draw in the dirt with a stick. I asked Dario if he wanted to go back and he said maybe. At least he didn't say no!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

he looks scared in this picture.

sylvia said...

I feel so bad for Dario. Maybe his second day of school will be better.

emily paige said...

Aww...I bet he'll be loving it before too long! That stinks that you couldn't bring him to school. I hope you're feeling better!

Marianne said...

That's right, at least he didn't say no! Poor Dario, he drew in the dirt with a stick, that sounds really sad. Well, hopefully he's liking it better now and he doesn't have to play in the dirt. I thought it was really cute that y'all made him a special breakfast for his first day. What a good dad.