Yesterday Dahlia turned 5 months old. She has been in the hospital for all but two weeks of the time. On Monday we are finally going to be discharged! I am so ready to get out of here. Dahlia got her feeding tube out yesterday. I was worried about her being able to take all of those medications by mouth. However, she actually seems to like them and happily swallows them down, thank goodness! Today here PIC line was taken out and as of now she has absolutely nothing in or attached to her and all her stitches are out. It is so wonderful to be at this point in her recovery. There were so MANY times it looked like she wouldn't make it. I thought I would never get to use all those diapers or cute little outfits I got from her baby shower. I thought I would have to plan a funeral. Watching her come back from the brink of death, and every thing we have gone through has been life changing. We won't be able to go home yet; we have to stay in the area for three months. I'll take that any day over the hospital!
2.23.2012
5 months
Yesterday Dahlia turned 5 months old. She has been in the hospital for all but two weeks of the time. On Monday we are finally going to be discharged! I am so ready to get out of here. Dahlia got her feeding tube out yesterday. I was worried about her being able to take all of those medications by mouth. However, she actually seems to like them and happily swallows them down, thank goodness! Today here PIC line was taken out and as of now she has absolutely nothing in or attached to her and all her stitches are out. It is so wonderful to be at this point in her recovery. There were so MANY times it looked like she wouldn't make it. I thought I would never get to use all those diapers or cute little outfits I got from her baby shower. I thought I would have to plan a funeral. Watching her come back from the brink of death, and every thing we have gone through has been life changing. We won't be able to go home yet; we have to stay in the area for three months. I'll take that any day over the hospital!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
How wonderful!
Family pictures here y'all come!
I see no feeding tube, so I guess that means that she's eating on her own now right? I can't wait to see that cute face in person again. I love her!
YEA!!!!! We are so HAPPY!!!!! What a blessing!!!!! YEA!!!!
I want to Sing and Dance!!!!
Thank you , Thank you, Thank you
Heavenly Father!!! I am filled to the Brim with Gratitude!!!
So amazing and miraculous to think this day has finally come, thanks to the blessings of a loving Heavenly Father and a wonderful donor family. Dahlia looks so beautiful and healthy and very cute with her hair bow.
so wonderful! we are so very happy for Dahlia and that she has a new heart and is doing so well now. our prayers have been answered!
that is wonderful news!! It will be nice to have the extra company.
Post a Comment