11.22.2013

progress


Dahlia has been making such good progress lately!  She has started pulling herself up while holding on to something, and she can take steps while holding someone's hands.  Dahlia will get so excited and say, "I walking, I walking!"  The biggest progress she has made has been with her eating.  She is now eating table foods!  At first she wasn't interested in any type of finger food or table food at all.  Gradually her interest grew and she would lick the food or mush it up in her mouth and then spit it out or gag on it.  She can now chew and swallow without any problem at all, and has been eating really well.  This process has really made me not take something that seems so simple, like eating by mouth, for granted.  For many babies like Dahlia, with development delay, this is a huge hurdle that doesn't come easy.  I am so proud of the progress she made!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

That's awesome! Way to go Dahlia!!

Baby Boomer Grammy said...

This just makes my day hearing this! How we love and treasure this little angel!

sylvia said...

That's wonderful for dahlia!